Smart Strip™ Marine Strip
Like its alternative, Smart Strip™ Marine Safety Strip, Smart Strip™ Marine Strip is specifically designed for removal of marine boat bottom, antifouling paint, but Marine Strip is used on surfaces where the epoxy barrier coat is to be left intact. In a single application, the Smart Strip™ Marine Strip alkaline paste will strip all antifouling coatings on boats without harsh fumes or flammable solvents.
HOW TO REMOVE PAINT USING SMART STRIP™ MARINE STRIP
Smart Strip™ Marine Strip is a safe and environmentally friendlylead-based paint removal tool. Marine Strip easily clings to vertical and overhand surfaces, and once applied, it covers approximately 20 square feet per gallon. Follow these simple instructions when using Marine Strip for marine paint removal from wood, metal, and fiberglass:
- The Marine Strip paste is troweled or sprayed with a HD airless sprayer over the surface to be stripped.
- Smart Strip™ Marine Strip paste is then covered with our Dumond® Laminated Paper which controls evaporation and is left on until all of the paint is dissolved.
- When it is ready, place the paint removal tool under the Dumond® Laminated paper and scrape product from the surface.
- The stripped surface should be washed with clean water.
- Neutralize the surface using our new Citri-Lize™ Neutralizerincluded in the kit.
Smart Strip™ Marine Strip paint remover does not contain methylene chloride, MEK, or any other highly flammable solvents. As a non-toxic, eco-friendly paint removal product, there is no special ventilation needed when in use.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- One application can remove over 30 coats of paint.
- Formulated without methylene chloride or flammable solvents this paint stripper does not generate any hazardous fumes or odors.
- Non-toxic, non-carcinogenic, and nonflammable; Zero VOC.