Maxwell RC8-8 Vertical Anchor Winch/Windlass 1000W -12 Volt Motor (P102560)
Suits 8mm SL Chain and 14-16mm Nylon Rope
Suits Most Boats up to 13.7 Metres (45 feet)
The Maxwell RC8-8 12 Volt Vertical Anchor Winch/Windlass has a 1000 Watt motor and is suitable for most boats up to 13.7 metres (33 feet) LOA. It has a Chain Wheel suitable for both rope and chain as well as a Capstan.
The Chain Wheel is ideal for 8mm short link chain and also 14-16mm nylon rope and most importantly, it changes easily from one to another.
Maxwell leads the market in innovative thinking with the introduction of their latest Wave Design™ chain wheel. Incorporating 2 new unique design concepts, the Wave Design greatly improves the handling and control of the rope and chain spliced rode. The outer ribs of the chain wheel are angled slightly forward ensuring that the rope and the chain are smoothly guided in the wheel during anchor retrieval. As the rope pulls into the wheel, the opposite facing inner ribs grip the rope in an undulating manner, securing the rope more firmly in a ‘wave pattern’ action. This method of rope clamping is far superior to the traditional ‘jam cleat’ manner of holding the rope compared to all other products on the market. Not only does this Maxwell Wave Design™ hold the rope more securely, it is also kinder on the rope resulting in increased longevity of your anchor rode.
- Two speed motor with housing and gearbox
- Chain Wheel
- Integrated wiring
- Reversing Solenoid
- Emergency Release Handle
- Installation manual and template for an easy installation.
- The larger stainless steel RC8-8 can be used with 8mm (5/16”) chain spliced to 14mm (9/16”) three strand or 8-plait rope.
- The ingeniously designed rope/chain gypsy (chainwheel) is able to accommodate a wide range of chain pitch differences within the specified chain size diameters suitable for use with the RC8 Series.
- Simple two piece installation saves time and money and allows easy retrofitting without disassembly of the windlass.
- Unique spacer tube design allows installation through virtually any deck thickness and the multiple mounting positions and self aligning gearbox ensure optimal location of gearbox and motor in virtually all installation situations.
- The RC8 features Maxwell’s revolutionary, and patented, new Wave Design™ chainwheel.
- The heavy duty stainless steel pressure arm is designed to effectively help grasp the rope/chain splice, giving the RC8 an unparalleled level of performance. In combination with a heavy duty, large wire diameter, stainless steel pre-loaded spring, the pressure arm always exerts maximum control pressure.
- The RC8 works just as effectively with all-chain rodes.
- Huge, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker.
- Full disassembly capability of the topworks utilising only the handle provided and an Allen key.
- Manual override and Free Fall, using the emergency crank/clutch handle provided.
- Sealed oil bath and marine-grade hard anodised, alloy gearbox provides maximum output via a precision worm and worm wheel.
- Maxwell Deck Switches and Circuit Breakers
- Maxwell Helm Up/Down Panels
- Maxwell Chain and Rode Counters
- Hand Held Remote Controllers (Wired and Wireless) – (all brands)
- Maxwell Reversing Solenoids
- Rope/Chain Kits – Pre-spliced for smooth operation
- Chain Stoppers
- Snubbing Devices